‘Special Chabbis (26)’ to be Remade Down South?
Filmmaker Neeraj Pandey-directed Special Chabbis (26), which has garnered positive response, is likely to be remade down South.
“Yes, I have received many calls since Friday. Many people from South have approached me asking for the remake rights,” Pandey, who had earlier won accolades for helming A Wednesday, told IANS.
He was speaking on the sidelines of a Special Chabbis (26) event. Released last week, the film is doing well.
However, the decision about remake rights won’t be taken by Pandey, he said and added: “I don’t know what is the status about it. People on the upper level will take the decision.”
His A Wednesday remade in Tamil as Unnaipol Oruvan and Telugu as Eeenadu.
Special Chabbis (26), based on a real life incident, sees Akshay Kumar as a conman and he clarifies he was not experimenting.
“My intention was not to experiment with different films. I really liked the subject. This is one of the best films among my films. When I was just coming here to meet you all, I met Mithun Chakrobarty and he said he really liked the film and wants to remake it in Bengali.”
- ABCD 2 Jukebox (Full Album) | Varun Dhawan – Shraddha Kapoor
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani’s 3rd Song ‘Hasi’ | Ft. Emraan, Vidya
- Mat Ja Re Song Video | Tanu Weds Manu Returns | Ft. Kangana Ranaut, R. Madhavan
- Miss Tanakpur Haazir Ho’s Official Trailer | Ft. Rahul Bagga, Hrishita Bha
- Masaan (Fly Away Solo) Official Trailer | Ft. Richa Chadda, Sanjay Mishra
|Rs. 22.27 cr|
|Rs. 65.22 cr|
|Rs. 04.00 cr|
|Rs. 84.00 cr|
|Rs. 69.82 cr|