“‘Vishwaroop’ Postponement Was Conscious Decision” – Kamal Haasan
Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, on Wednesday said the decision to postpone the release of his forthcoming bilingual action-thriller Vishwaroop was a conscious decision.
“The release of the movie has been postponed to a future date only as per my convenience, and not because I was pressurised by anyone. I will announce the release date soon and no one else can take a decision on this,” Kamal told reporters at a press meet here.
The first premiere of Vishwaroopam, which was earlier scheduled on Direct-To-Home (DTH) platforms Jan 10, stands cancelled, along with its theatrical release Jan 11.
“We want all the versions of the film (Tamil, Telugu and Hindi) to release on the same day. Also, we would like to give more time for people to subscribe for DTH premiere. So, I will soon decide on a release date which is comfortable in all aspects,” Haasan said.
Asked about the protest of theatre owners against the release of the film, Kamal said, “I am doing an honest and legitimate trade. No one has the right to stop me from going ahead. I will take legal action against those who threaten me and who try to prevent me from doing this.”
- Ishq Karenge Song | Bangistan | Ft. Jacqueline Fernandez, Riteish Deshmukh, Pulk
- Neil Nitin Mukesh : Salman Khan Is So Larger Than Life But At The Same Time So S
- Calendar Girls’ Official Teaser Released; Is It Yet Another Cliched Bhanda
- All Is Well Official Trailer | Ft. Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, Supriy
- All Is Well | Motion Poster | Ft. Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, Supriya
|Rs. 01.03 cr|
|Rs. 97.04 cr|
|Rs. 36.76 cr|
|Rs. 76.88 cr|
|Rs. 08.00 cr|