The gorgeous actress Rani Mukerji, who is known for her bindaas attitude, is all set to spread her magic on the big screen today. Her film Hichki has hit the theatres today and we are sure that she will successfully entertain us like always.
Rani had taken the 90s era by storm with her super amazing talent and beautiful looks! But to our surprise, Rani had rejected a lot of films then which went on to become successful and big. Not only that, she has replaced her contemporaries in the film too. Just like us, even you will be amazed to know the names of these films.
Check it out here:
1. Rani Mukerji was the first choice for Mani Ratnam’s Dil Se, Aamir Khan’s Lagaan and Sanjay Dutt’s Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. We wonder if she would have been in these films, it would have been on a next level altogether!
2. Rani had once turned down an offer by Salim Khan in 1994. She was approached to play the female lead in Aa Gale Lag Jaa. But her father disapproved as she was just 16 years old then.
3. Surprisingly, Rani was never the first choice for Karan Johar’s Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Karan had written the role of Tina keeping in mind his best friend Twinkle Khanna. But the latter turned down the offer and it went to Rani’s table. Rest is history!
4. We wouldn’t have been able to see Rani and Aamir’s chemistry if Pooja Bhatt had been cast for the film. The Bhatt camp was keen on repeating Pooja and Aamir after Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi, but things didn’t work. Later, Rani was signed and then the miracle happened!
5. After Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Rani and SRK were seen together in Chalte Chalte. But it would have been difficult if Aishwarya Rai Bachchan hadn’t left the film. She had already started shooting for the film but her then boyfriend Salman Khan had created a ruckus on the sets, so she backed out. That’s where Rani stepped in!
6. Can you imagine Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black without Rani? No, right! This would have been a huge loss if Kareena Kapoor Khan would not have rejected the role.
7. Before Rani, Karan Johar had approached Kajol for his film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. But instead, Kajol chose Aamir’s film Fanaa to make her big screen comeback and eventually the role landed up to Rani.
8. Rani had also rejected 3 Akshay Kumar films- Bhool Bhulaiya, Waqt and Heyy Baby. We just wonder why she rejected such amazing projects!
9. Rani Mukerji had also rejected Irrfan Khan starred Hollywood movie The Namesake. As she was working on Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna during that time. So, The Namesake was offered to Tabu.
10. No above films would have happened if Mamta Kulkarni had said yes to Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat. This film was Rani’s Bollywood debut film and since then there’s no looking back for her!