Abhishek Kapoor To Make A Love Story; ‘Rock On’ Sequel On Hold
While one waits to see how Abhishek Kapoor‘s drama around a tale of friendship, Kai Po Che!, scores with the audience, the filmmaker is in the process of finalising his next. As per early indications, it would be a love story. This also means that the sequel to Rock On would be on hold for next one year at the least.
“Yes, Abhishek is developing a love story currently. He doesn’t wish to restrict himself to any genre. His ‘Aryan’ had a boxing backdrop, Rock On was a musical and Kai Po Che! is about celebration. Now with this love story, Abhishek wants to explore a new territory,” informs a close associate.
Incidentally as an actor, he had worked in a couple of love stories more than a decade and a half back. Now Abhishek is also sure that he doesn’t wish to have a long gap between mounting his next. Guess the five year gap between Rock On and Kai Po Che! has been a break long enough for him to wait any further.
Laughs Abhishek, “Yes, I have to get back behind the camera much sooner now. The love story is shaping up well.”
When asked about the sequel to Rock On, Abhishek said, “It is not shelved and would be made. I have shared the script with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani. After all an idea is a living entity. When the time comes and the moment arises, I would direct that as well.”
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder
- Neil Nitin Mukesh : Salman Khan Is So Larger Than Life But At The Same Time So S
- Calendar Girls’ Official Teaser Released; Is It Yet Another Cliched Bhanda
- All Is Well Official Trailer | Ft. Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, Supriy
- All Is Well | Motion Poster | Ft. Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, Supriya
- Masaan’s 2nd Official Trailer | Ft. Richa Chadha, Vicky Kaushal, Sanjay Mi
|Rs. 01.03 cr|
|Rs. 97.04 cr|
|Rs. 36.76 cr|
|Rs. 76.38 cr|
|Rs. 08.00 cr|