Name: Juhi Chawla
Birth Date: 13th November, 1967
Marital Status: Juhi Chawla tied the knot to the well-known industrialist, Jay Mehta in the year 1997. They are the parents of two children, a son named Arjun born in the year 2003 and a daughter named Jhanvi born in 2001.
1) In 1989, she won the Filmfare Lux New Face Award for her film ‘Qayamat Se QayamatTak’, directed by Mansoor Khan.
2) In 1994, Juhi won the Filmfare Best Actress Award for ‘Hum HainRahiPyarKe’, directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
3) In the year 1999, she received a Bollywood Movie Award in the Most Sensational Actress category for ‘Duplicate’ which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt.
4) She received the Star Screen Award in 2004 for the Best Supporting Actress category for her film ‘3 Deewarein’, directed by NageshKukunoor. In 2010, she received the same award for the Best Ensemble Cast for ‘Luck By Chance’.
5) In 2004, Juhi received the Sansui Best Supporting Actress Award for ‘Jhankaar Beats’, directed by SujoyGhosh.
1) In the year 1984, Juhi won the prestigious Miss India title.
2) Same year, for the Miss Universe contest, she won the Best Costume Award.
3) She is also an expert classical singer and she has been undergoing training in singing for more than six years.
4) Apart from singing, Juhi is also very much a good and trained dancer. She had learnt Kathak for three years.
5) Juhi and her husband Jai both are the co-owners of the Kolkata Knight Riders franchise of the Indian Premiere League, in partnership with Shah Rukh Khan.
Biography: Juhi Chawla, the one with the excellent smile and sense of humour, the one who can win the attention of viewers with her grace, warmth and down to earth mindset was born in Ambala situated in Haryana, India. Her father, Dr. S Chawla speaks Punjabi and her mother, Mona Chawla speaks Gujarati. She has a brother called Sanjeev. In 1998, during the shoot of her movie, ‘Duplicate’, Juhi’s mother passed away in an accident. She completed her schooling in Ludhiana and she did her graduation with a HR specialization from Sydenham College in Mumbai.
Juhi started her venture into the industry in 1986 with the release of her first film, ‘Sultanat’, directed by Mukul S. Anand. She had also been a part of a Kannada classic named Premaloka which was a 1987 film directed by Ravichandran. It was the Mansoor Khan directed ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat’ (1988) where Juhi got the opportunity for the first time, to appear in the lead role. Here she starred alongside Aamir Khan. This film which was a modern day adaptation of the Shakesperean play ‘Romeo and Juliet’became a big hit at the Box Office. ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat’ even went on to win the Filmfare Best Movie Award and Juhi won the Filmfare New Face Award in 1989 and she also got nominated for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
In the year 1990, Juhi appeared in films such as Ravi Raja Pinisetty’s ‘Pratibandh’, which became quite a big hit at the theatres and Juhi again received a nomination for the Filmfare Best Actress Award for this film. In 1992 Juhi starred in ‘BolRadhaBol’ which performed remarkably well at the Box Office.
Next year in 1993, Juhi starred opposite Sunny Deol in ‘Lootere’ and ‘Aina’, both of which were moderately successful. She even appeared in Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Hum HainRahinPyarKe’ and Yash Chopra directed thriller film, ‘Darr’ (1993). ‘Darr’ became India’s third top grossing movie that year and this success brought Juhi a lot of recognition and appreciation. In 1997, Juhi came out with some romantic comedy films such as ‘Ishq’, ‘Yes Boss’ and ‘DeewanaMastana’.
Juhi’s on-screen chemistry with Aamir Khan and their pairing together in any film was always cited by the media to be successful. Apart from Aamir Khan, Juhi has also given quite a number of successful hits acting alongside Shah RukhKhan in movies such as ‘Duplicate’, ‘Yes Boss’, ‘Darr’ and ‘Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman’.
During the last decade, Juhi has been appearing mainly in numerous independent and art movies such as ‘7 ½ Phere’, ‘My Brother Nikhil’ and ‘3 Deewarein’. She received much critical acclaim for her exceptional performance in these films.
Some of her other films include ‘Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love’, directed by Nikhil Advani, ‘Bas Ek Pal’, ‘Swami’. She appeared alongside Amitabh Bachchan in the Vivek Sharma directed ‘Bhoothnath’ (2008), where Juhi for the first time sang a song for any movie (“ChaloJaane Do” was the name of the song). Same year, she appeared on-screen with ArshadWarsi and Imran Khan in the JaideepSen directed ‘Krazzy 4’. Next year in 2009, Juhi did a cameo in ZoyaAkhtar’s ‘Luck By Chance’, where she dyed her hair to look like a blonde. This film received positive reviews and was a hit at the theatres.
Leaving aside Hindi films, Juhi even acted in several Punjabi films such as ‘Sukhmani – Hope for Life’ (2010), Waris Shah: IshqDaaWaaris (2006), ‘ShaheedUddham Singh’ (2000)and ‘Des HoyaaPardes’ (2004).Fazil’s ‘Harikrishnans’ was Juhi’s first Malayalam film. Some unsuccessful Kannada films of hers include ‘KindaraJogi’ and ‘ShanthiKranthi’. Here she shared the screen with the renowned Kannada actor named Ravichandran.
One of her recent releases includes Onir’s ‘I Am’ released in 2011. This movie which had several episodes portrayed Juhi along with ManishaKoirala in the episode titled ‘I Am Megha’. For her remarkable performance in that particular film, Juhi received the Excellence Award at the Asiavision Movie Awards as well as the Best Actress Award at the 13th London Asian Film Festival.
Juhi has also been a host and a presenter of several television programmes especially award ceremonies like the Zee Cine Awards and the Filmfare Awards. She had also been a judge during the third season, for the television dance reality show, ’JhalakDikhhlaJaa’. Here the other judges that were present on the panel were VaibhaviMercant and Saroj Khan.
Later on Juhi turned to producing movies and she along with Shah Rukh Khan and Aziz MIrza opened by a production house named ‘Dreamz Unlimited’. ‘Ashoka’ and ‘PhirBhiDilHai Hindustani’ were the first 2 movies to be produced by this company. The Aziz Mirza directed ’ChalteChalte’ (2003) was the production house’s first major success.
- Watch : Varun Dhawan & Kriti Sanon’s Peppy Romantic Song ‘Manma
- Watch : Ranbir – Deepika’s ‘Safarnama’ In Tamasha
- Amitabh Bachchan Debuts On Dubsmash With Ranveer Singh’s Bajirao Mastani D
- Watch The Official Trailer Of Action – Packed ‘Captain America : Civ
- Watch : Emraan Hashmi & Esha Gupta’s Romanic Track ‘Main Rahoon
|Rs. 02.00 cr|
|Rs. 05.00 cr|
|Rs. 02.00 cr|
|Rs. 42.00 cr|