Name: Amrita Puri
Birthdate: 20th August, 1983
Marital Status: Unmarried
1) In the year 2010, Amrita Puri received the Stardust Best Breakthrough Performance Award for her role in the movie ‘Aisha’, directed by Rajshree Ojha.
2) She was nominated for the Filmfare Best Actress in a Supporting Role and as the Filmfare Best Debutant for ‘Aisha’.
3) Amrita Puri also got nominated for the Zee Cine Awards and the Star Screen Award in the following categoty: Best Actress in Supporting Role Category for ‘Aisha’.
Biography: Amrita Puri, the Indian actress and model was born in Mumbai, India on the 20th of August, 1983. Aditya Puri, the Managing Director of HDFC bank is Amrita’s father. Amrita completed her schooling from the prestigious Bombay Scottish School and she did her post-graduation in mass communications from St. Xavier’s College.
Soon after this, Amrita started writing as well as being involved in theatre. Her very first play was the English play titled ‘View From The Stage’, written by Quasar Thakore Padamsee. She also staged Scherazade Kaiokobad’s play named ‘Retellings’.
Apart from theatre and modelling, she spent one whole year doing copywriting for Oglivy, the advertising company. Apart from copywriting, she also did freelancing for the popular Lifestyle Magazine.
She soon took her first step into the avenue of films and advertisements, after she got her portfolio done by Dilip Bhatia. The first advertisement in which she featured was the one by Kotex which is brand of feminine hygiene products. Later on she appeared in numerous other advertisements namely,‘L’Oreal’, ‘People First’ and ‘Garnier’.
After auditioning for a number of films, she got her first role in the Hindi romantic comedy flick ‘Aisha’. Here she played the character of Shefali Thakur. She gained a considerable amount of recognition through this film which was supposedly India’s ‘first chick flick’. ‘Aisha’ was slightly based on ‘Emma’, the novel by Jane Austen and its English adaptation named ‘Clueless’.
Following ‘Aisha’, she carried on with her involvement in plays such as: ‘Famous Last Words’ featuring Anish Trivedi and Sahil Jaffrey and ‘The Interview’ (by Akvarious Productions) which had Kashin Shetty and Karan Pandit in its ranks.
After playing Shefali Thakur in ‘Aisha’, actress Amrita Puri made her comeback in the thriller film ‘Blood Money’, directed by Vishal Mahadkar which was released early this year. Here she portrayed the character of a contemporary girl named Arzoo.
‘Kai Po Che!’ would be Amrita Puri’s next upcoming project in 2013.
- Watch The New Song Neendein Khul Jaati Hai From Hate Story 3
- Watch : Varun Dhawan & Kriti Sanon’s Peppy Romantic Song ‘Manma
- Watch : Ranbir – Deepika’s ‘Safarnama’ In Tamasha
- Amitabh Bachchan Debuts On Dubsmash With Ranveer Singh’s Bajirao Mastani D
- Watch The Official Trailer Of Action – Packed ‘Captain America : Civ
|Rs. 02.00 cr|
|Rs. 05.00 cr|
|Rs. 02.00 cr|
|Rs. 42.00 cr|