Name: Shreyas Talpade
Birthday: 27th January, 1976
Marital Status: Shreyas Talpade tied the knot with Deepti Talpade, whom he had met when he had visited Deepti’s college as a film celebrity. Deepti was then the college’s general secretary. Presently she is a clinical psychologist who also is into counseling in a corporate concern as well as in a school.
1) In the year 2006, Shreyas Talpade was bestowed with the Zee Cine Critics award for his outstanding acting skills in the Nagest Kukunoor’s film ‘Iqbal’ (2005).
2) In 2007, he won the Star Screen Award for the Best Comedian for his role in the film ‘Dor’ (2006).
3) He received the Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award (Male) for his phenomenal acting skills in the 2007 blockbuster Farah Khan movie ‘Om Shanti Om’.
4) Shreyas Talpade also received the prestigious Filmfare Award for the Best Supporting Actor for his role as Pappu Master in the film ‘Om Shanti Om’.
Biography: Shreyas Talpade, who was the son of Bhupesh Talpade, was born and was brought up in the city of dreams, Mumbai, Maharashtra. He completed his schooling from Shree Ram Welfare Society High School, Andheri-West. He started off his acting career by participating in stage shows in and around Maharashtra. Initially he also made appearances in numerous Marathi soap operas. In the year 1997, Shreyas made his appearance in ‘Woh’ which was a Zee TV soap opera. Apart from this, he acted in several small serials under the production house named ‘Adhikari Brothers’. In the reputed Marathi serial named ‘Damini’, he received lots of appreciation from the audience for his exceptional acting skills for his role of ‘Tejas’, which was the name of an important character in the serial.
He made his breakthrough in the B town with his first film Iqbal which was directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and was written by Vipul K Rawal. In this film, Shreyas played the most difficult role of that of a deaf and mute boy from a remote village who had a lifelong aspiration to become a cricketer and who wanted to accomplish his dream of being a part of the Indian national cricket squad. The film along with his performance was well received by both the audience as well as the critics.
Following ‘Iqbal’ he rocketed forward in the industry impressing the audience with his exceptional acting skills in the Nagesh Kukunoor’s ‘Dor’. Here he played the comic role of a man having many disguises (behroopiya). This film ‘Dor’ was also much appreciated by the critics.
In the year 2006, Shreyas starred in Sangeeth Sivan’s ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ which is a story of several individuals who are in a frantic race to become rich.
In 2007, he starred alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in the 30 crore budget blockbuster movie ‘Om Shanti Om’ directed by Farah Khan and produced by Gauri Khan. Following Om Shanti Om, he also made his appearance in ‘Bombay to Bangkok’ (2008), a film by Nagesh Kukunoor. In the very same year he also went on to produce a Marathi movie named ‘Sanai Chaughade’.
Some of the recent movies where he has played a part are ‘Golmaal Returns’, ‘Welcome to Sajjanpur’and ‘Click’, a film by Sangeeth Sivan.
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi, Amyra Dastur Talk About Mr X
- Star Wars : The Force Awakens Teaser 2 | Return Of Han Solo & Chewbacca
- Watch Unfreedom’s Official Trailer | A Banned Film In India
- Lalla Lalla Lori Song From Welcome To Karachi | Ft. Arshad, Jackky, Lauren
- Batman V.Superman : Dawn Of Justice Teaser
|Rs. 24.00 cr|
|Rs. 10.00 cr|
|Rs. 23.30 cr|
|Rs. 93.00 cr|
|Rs. 13.40 cr|