Name: Prem Chopra
Birthday: September 23rd, 1935
Marital Status: Prem Chopra is married to Uma, and they have 3 daughters: Prerana, Punita and Rakita.
1) In 1976, Prem Chopra won the Best Supporting Actor Award for the movie ‘Do Anjaane’.
2) In the year 2004, at Atlantic City in the United States, he received the “Legend of Indian Cinema” Award.
3) He was also awarded with the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award in the year 1998.
4) He has also received numerous awards such as‘Ashirwad Award’, ‘Lions Club Award’, ‘Punjabi Kala Sangam Award’ and ‘Ashoka Award’.
Biography: Prem Chopra is one of the pioneers of the Hindi movie industry, a legendary and enigmatic personality who has acted in over 400 films over a period of more than 50 years. Besides Hindi films, his works also include numerous Punjabi films. His contribution to the Hindi film industry has been immense and he has indeed left an enduring mark which has been very much difficult to repudiate or even mimic.
Prem Chopra was born in Lahore in a Hindi Punjabi family to Rooprani Chopra and Ranbirlal Chopra. He was the third of their six children and he was brought up in Shimla after his family shifted there after India’s great partition. His father had always wanted his son to be a doctor. He pursued his graduation from Punjabi University.
In the late 1950s, Prem Chopra joined The Times of India, Mumbai. He underwent a lot of hardships and turmoil in his pursuit of getting into the film industry and he left the Times of India in 1967 after his film ‘Upkaar’. In the year 1962, he got a role to play in the Punjabi film named ‘Chaudhury Karnail Singh’. His efforts did not go in vain because this film went on to win the National Award and thus assisted him in earning a lot of admiration and praise for his outstanding work.He rarely played leading positive roles. His role of Sukhdev in the movie ‘Shaheed’ is one such example where he played a positive role. He presented himself as a ‘bad guy’ and in the process he became a personality which the audience loved to dislike. After ‘Upkaar’ and ‘Teesri Manzil’, majority of the movies which he got, he had to don the role of a villain. Beginning from ‘Kati Patang’ and ‘Do Anjaane’ to ‘Bewaffa Se Waffa’ and ‘Phool Baney Angaarey’, he consistently and effectively gave brilliant performances by playing negative roles.
Despite playing the role of a villain in most movies, his soft diction is something for which he is well known in the industry. He has also weaved magic by out casing his electrifying performances in stage shows in many countries including Holland,UAE,Singapore, America, Britain and the Fiji Islands.He has also acted alongside Rajesh Khanna between 1969 and 1991 in 19 films (Doli (1969) and Ghar Parivar (1991)) and this duo has had 15 of these films as box office hits. Recently, he won several accolades for his marvelous cameos in Delhi 6 and Rocket Singh – Salesman of the year.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan Teaser Released | Ft. Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Nawazu
- Ajeeb Parampara | Hamari Adhuri Kahani | Dialogue Promo
- Bezubaan Ishq’s Official Trailer | Ft. Mugdha Godse, Nishant, Sneha Ullal
- Zaroori Tha Song | Vidya-Emraan’s Heart-Breaking Track From ‘Hamari
- Happy Hour Song | Prabhu Dheva & Varun Dhawan’s Chilled Out Dance In
|Rs. 62.90 cr|
|Rs. 23.67 cr|
|Rs. 74.33 cr|
|Rs. 04.00 cr|
|Rs. 84.00 cr|