Name: Paresh Rawal
Birthday: May 30th, 1950
Marital Status: Married to Swaroop Sampat who is an actress and winner of the Miss India contest in 1979. They have two sons Aditya and Aniruddh.
1) In 1993, he won the Filmfare Best Villian Award for ‘Sir’.
2) In 1994, he won the National Film Award for the Best Supporting Actor for his dramatic performance in the films ‘Sir’ and ‘Who Chokri’.
3) In 1996, Paresh Rawal won the Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actor for ‘Raja’.
4) In 2001 and 2003, he won both the Filmfare and Star Screen Best Comedian Award for ‘Hera Pheri’ and ‘Awara Pagal Deewana’ respectively.
5) In 2001, he also won the IIFA best Comedian Award for ‘Hera Pheri’.
6) In 2003, he won the Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Comic Role for ‘Awara Pagal Deewana’.
Biography: Paresh Rawal was born in Paliyad, Gujarat. He completed his studies from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies, Vile Parle, Mumbai. He shifted to Mumbai in 1922 where he worked tirelessly to become a civil engineer. Paresh Rawal was a big fan of Rahil Shah and worked for 10 long years under his guidance.
Paresh Rawal began his journey in the film industry in the year 1984 in the film Holi directed by Ketan Mehta. He then made his appearance in more than hundred movies during the 1980s and 1990s. His biggest hit in his career was the comedy film Hera Pheri, directed in the year 2000 by Priyadarshan. He is best remembered for his outstanding acting skills in this movie alongside his co-actors Sunil Shetty and Akshay Kumar. In 1991, Paresh Rawal earned recognition for his character in the film ‘Kshana Kshanam’ where he played the part of a bank robber. He is well known for his mannerisms and quirky accent which have helped him come a long way in the film industry.
He also played his part in a few Telegu films like ‘Govinda Govinda’ and ‘Money’. Paresh Rawal played a variety of different roles, one being that of a freedom fighter Vallabhai Patel, which earned him both national and international acclaim. In his third film Tamanna (1996), he acted as a transexual who raised an orphan, the role of whom was done by Pooja Bhatt.
In the year 2000, Paresh Rawal played the role of a less witted, boisterous, kind-hearted landlord named Baburao Ganapatrao Apte and this role was played in the Priyadarshan movie, ‘Phir Hera Pheri’. His outstanding acting was one of the key reasons for the nationwide success of the film. He further went on to play his role as the Marathi landlord Baburao in the film, ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ (2006) which also turned out to be a major Box Office Hit.
In 2002, he acted out the part of a blind robber in the film ‘Aakhein’. Since then it has been a never ending journey for him with several hit films under his belt like, Golmaal (2006), Garam Masala (2005), Malamaal Weekly (2006), Awara Paagal Deewana (2002),Chup Chup Ke (2006), Bhagam Bhag (2006), Deewane Huye Pagal (2005), Shankar Dada MBBS and De Dana Dan (2009). Paresh Rawal has also laid his foundation on the small screen with him being the producer of several Hindi soaps such as Sahara One’s ‘Mein Aisa Kyun Hoon’, Zee TV’s ‘Teen Bahuraaniyaan’ and Color’s ‘Lagi Tujhse Lagan’.
- Watch : Ranveer Singh’s Victory Dance In Bajirao Mastani’s New Song,
- Watch The New Song Neendein Khul Jaati Hai From Hate Story 3
- Watch : Varun Dhawan & Kriti Sanon’s Peppy Romantic Song ‘Manma
- Watch : Ranbir – Deepika’s ‘Safarnama’ In Tamasha
- Amitabh Bachchan Debuts On Dubsmash With Ranveer Singh’s Bajirao Mastani D
|Rs. 02.00 cr|
|Rs. 05.00 cr|
|Rs. 02.00 cr|