Name: Pankaj Kapur (Pankaj Kapoor)
Birth Date: May 29th, 1954
Marital Status: Pankaj Kapur tied the knot with Neelima Azeem in 1975 and they got divorced in the year 1984. Shahid Kapur, the well-known Bollywood actor is his son from Neelima Azeem. After the divorce in 1984, he married Supriya Pathak. They together have a daughter and a son.
1) In 1989, he received the National Film Award in the Best Supporting Actor category for his film, ‘Raakh’.
2) In the year 1991, Pankaj Kapur got the National Film Award: Special Jury Award for the movie, ‘Ek Doctor Ki Maut’.
3) He again received the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film, ‘Maqbool’ in 2004. Next year, he received the Filmfare critics Award for Best Actor for the same film.
4) 2007-2008: The Journalist Association of India awarded Pankaj Kapur with the Best Actor National Award.
Biography: Pankaj Kapur is a well-known Indian film, theatre and television actor from Punjab, India. He is also into screenwriting and directing. Some of his most acclaimed roles include the role of Dr. Dipankar Roy in the film, ‘Ek Doctor KI Maut’ (1991) and that of King Duncan in ‘Maqbool’ (2003) which was an adaption of Macbeth, by Vishal Bhardwaj. Both these movies earned him a couple of National Film Awards.
He completed his course of engineering in the year 1973 from New Delhi when he topped his college, following which he enrolled himself in National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi and he graduated from this elite institution in 1976. The next four years after he graduated from NSD, he was involved in theatre till the time Richard Attenborough offered him a role in his movie, ‘Gandhi’ (1982). Here he played the role of Pyarelal, Mahatma Gandhi’s second secretary. Later on, he went on to dub for Ben Kingsley in the Hindi version of ‘Gandhi’.
He made his debut in the industry with ‘Arohan’ (1982), directed by Shyam Benegal. Next up, he did a number of art films under well-established art movie directors. Some of these films include: Kundan Shah’s comedy flick ‘Jaane Bhi DoYaaro’ (1983), Shyam Benegal’s ‘Mandi’, Saeed Akhtar Mirza’s ‘Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho!’ (1984), Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s ‘Khamosh’ (1985), Mrinal Sen’s ‘Khandhar’ (1984), ‘Chameli Ki Shaadi’ (1986), ‘Yeh Who Manzil Toh Nahin’ (1987), ‘Ek Ruka Hua Faisla’ (1986) and several others.
As a director, Pankaj Kapur has done more than 74 serials and plays including ‘Sahabji Biwiji Ghulamji’, ‘Wah Bhai Wah’, ‘Albert’s Bridge’, ‘Panchvan Savaar’, ‘Kanak Di Balli’, ‘Drishtanth’ and ‘Mohandas B.A.L.L.B’.
He turned to television in 1986 with the role of the detective named Karamchand in the detective comedy serial ‘Karamchand’. Some of his other television serials include ‘Lifeline’ with Vijaya Mehta, ‘Zabaan Sambhaal Ke’, ‘Neem Ke Ped’ and ‘Kab Tak Pukaroon’. He also appeared in the famous television show ‘Philips Top 10’.
In 1989 Pankaj Kapur appeared in the Punjabi classic movie ‘Marsha Da Diva’ (1989). He also starred in the 1992 Mani Ratnam directed film named ‘Roja’. One of his strongest performances was in the movie ‘Ek Doctor Ki Maut’ where he played the role of a struggling researcher. This film earned him the prestigious National Film Award: Special Jury Award in the year 1991.
Some of his other films are ‘Halla Bol’ (2007), ‘Dus’ (2005) and ‘The Blue Umbrella’ (2005). Presently he appears in the television series named ‘Naya Office Office’ which itself is a sequel to the previous hit TV series ‘Office Office’.
- All Is Well | Motion Poster | Ft. Abhishek Bachchan, Asin, Rishi Kapoor, Supriya
- Sooraj Dooba Hain Song | Roy | Unplugged | Amaal Mallik
- Naina Full Song | Unplugged | Amaal Mallik | Khoobsurat
- Masaan’s 2nd Official Trailer | Ft. Richa Chadha, Vicky Kaushal, Sanjay Mi
- Maari Official Trailer | Dhanush’s Stylized Rowdy Antics Rock
|Rs. 01.03 cr|
|Rs. 93.32 cr|
|Rs. 36.76 cr|
|Rs. 76.38 cr|
|Rs. 08.00 cr|