Name: Jackie Shroff
Birthday: 1st February, 1960
Marital Status: Jackie Shroff tied the knot with Ayesha Dutt, his longtime girlfriend on the 5th of June, 1987. Both Jackie and Ayesha together own Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited, a movie banner. They have a son named Jai, also known as Tiger and a daughter whom they had named Krishna. His daughter, Krishna attends the American School of Bombay while Tiger has recently graduated from high school.
1) In the year 1990, Jackie Shroff won the prestigious Filmfare Best Actor Award for Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s ‘Parinda’.
2) In 1995 and 1996, consecutively he won the Filmfare best Supporting Actor Awards for ‘1942: A Love Story’ and ‘Rangeela’ respectively.
3) He was awarded the Special Honour Jury Award for his eminent contribution to the Indian film industry.
1) Jackie had been a judge on the sets of ‘India’s Magic Star’, a television magic show which had been broadcasted on the channel, Star One. This show had begun on the 3rd of July, 2010 and was broadcasted every weekend.
2) He has teamed up with Mihir Pandya, an industrialist and together they have plans of building a mini Film City near Nal Sarovar in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
3) He has appeared in almost 150 films throughout his career which spanned from the year 1973 onwards.
Biography: Jaikishen Kakubai Shroff known popularly as Jackie Shroff was born in Bandra, Mumbai to Kakubai, his father and Rita Shroff, his mother. They belonged to a Gujarati speaking household. At the age of ten years, Jackie lost his brother Hemant Shroff who died drowning. He moved to his new house at Bandra Bandstand in June, 2012. His house stands midway between Salman Khan’s Galaxy Apartments and Shah Rukh Khan’s Mannat. Jackie is well renowned for the contributions he makes for the under privileged and the less fortunate ones.
He began his journey in the B town with the 1973 movie ‘Heera Panna’ which had Dev Anand in its ranks. In this Dev Anand movie, Jackie played the one bit role of that of a villain. At this point of his life, he was only 13 years. Following ‘Heera Panna’, Jackie went on to play his part as an actor in one more Dev Anand film titled ‘Swami Dada’ (1982). Later on in the year 1983, the famous director Subhash Ghai offered Jackie a role in his 1983 hit film Hero. This movie brought him into the limelight in the film industry which turned him into a star overnight. He next appeared in another box office hit ‘Andar Bahar’. In this movie he worked alongside Anil Kapoor and he played the role of a police officer who had taken an oath to track down a dangerous escaped convict named Shera.Apart from ‘Andar Bahar’, he paired alongside Anil Kapoor in various other hit films like ‘Ram Lakhan’ (1989) and ‘Karma’ (1986).
Although he earned success and recognition mostly by playing supporting roles, Jackie had also captured the audience with movies in which he played a leading role. In the 1992 film ‘Angaar’, he played the role of a youth who being frustrated with the corrupted and crime infected society, takes the lead in carrying out a berserk campaign against the corrupt system. His role in ‘Garddish’ (1993) is still considered by many to be Jackie’s best work till date. In this film, Jackie plays the role of a common man fighting against society’s criminal entities.
He has many other memorable roles in the bag: a famous actor “Raj Kamal” in the 1995 film ‘Rangeela’; “Ram Sinha”, a cop in the 1993 movie ‘Khalnayak’; “Chunnilal” in the 2002 film ‘Devdas’ and a freedom fighter name “Shubhankar” in ‘1942: A Love Story’ (1994). He even played the role of a ghost in MukeshSaigal’s ‘BhootUnkle’ (2006).
Recently he received accolades for his outstanding acting in the 2005 Bengali Film, ‘Antar Mahal’, directed by Rituparno Ghosh. Later on he played supporting roles in several comedy films like ‘Bhagam Bhag’ and ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’. In 2007, he appeared in the multi-starrer movie ‘Fool and Final’ by Ahmed Khan.
Jackie Shroff, who has not been appearing lately in Hindi films, will be seen in ‘Dhoom 3’, directed by Aditya Chopra. “All I can say is I am doing ‘Dhoom 3’. In a week’s time I should know as to when I would start shooting for my role” was Jackie’s statement when asked about his upcoming films. His son Tiger is also set to play a role in Dhoom3. He will be appearing alongside actress ‘Amrita Singh’ after two decades in ‘Aurangzeb’, a Yash Raj Film. The last time, both of them shared the common screen was in the 1993 Yash Chopra film, ‘Aaina’.
Some of his filmography includes ‘Swami Dada’, ‘AndarBahaar’, ‘Shiva KaInsaaf’, ‘MeraJawaab’, ‘Janoo’, ‘Dahleez’, ‘Mard Ki Zabaan’, ‘DakuHasina, ‘Falak’, ‘Ram Lakhan’, ‘Sikka’, ‘Vardi’, ‘100 Days’, ‘Saudagar’, ‘King Uncle’, ‘Khalnayak’, ‘Hasti’, ‘Angaar’, ‘Police Officer’, ‘1942: A Love Story’, ‘Aaina’, ‘Gardish’, ‘Stuntman’, ‘Milan’, ‘Trimurti’, ‘Agni Sakshi’, ‘Kalinga’, ‘Talaashi’, ‘Return of Jewel Thief’, ‘Bandish’, ‘Share Bazaar’, ‘Border’, ‘Shapath’, ‘Gang’, ‘Jung’, ‘Refugee’, ‘Mission Kashmir’, ‘One 2 Ka 4’, ‘Bas Itna Sa KhwaabHai’, ‘Devdas’, ‘KyaYehiPyaarHai’, ‘Boom’, ‘3 Deewarein’, ‘Ssukh’, ‘Tum Ho Na!’, ‘Bhoot Uncle’, ‘We R Friends’, ‘Care of Footpath’, ‘HallaBol’, ‘Lolita’, ‘Teen Patti’, ‘Hum Do Anjaane’, ‘Bhoot and Friends’, ‘Shakti’, ‘Anna Bond’ and many more.
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi, Amyra Dastur Talk About Mr X
- Star Wars : The Force Awakens Teaser 2 | Return Of Han Solo & Chewbacca
- Watch Unfreedom’s Official Trailer | A Banned Film In India
- Lalla Lalla Lori Song From Welcome To Karachi | Ft. Arshad, Jackky, Lauren
- Batman V.Superman : Dawn Of Justice Teaser
|Rs. 24.00 cr|
|Rs. 10.00 cr|
|Rs. 23.30 cr|
|Rs. 93.00 cr|
|Rs. 13.40 cr|