Name: Anupam Kher
Birthday: 7th March, 1955
Marital Status: He is married to actress Kirron Kher. Actor Sikander Kher is his step son (From Kirron’s previous marriage)
1) Filmfare Best Actor Award – Saaransh (1984)
2) Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Vijay(1988)
3) Filmfare Best Comedian Award – Ram Lakhan (1989)
4) Filmfare Best Actor Award (Critics) – Daddy (1990)
5) Filmfare Best Comedian Award – Lamhe (1991)
6) Filmfare Best Comedian Award – Khel (1992)
7) Filmfare Best Comedian Award – Darr (1993)
8) Filmfare Best Comedian Award – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995)
9) National Film Award (By Special Jury) – Daddy (1990)
10) National Film Award (By Special Jury) – Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2006)
11) Millennium Honors Actor of the Decade (2000)
12) Padma Shri Award in 2004.
13) GIFA Award for the Best Comedian – Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006)
14) Best Actor Award (Karachi International Film Festival and Riverside International Film Festival) – Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2005,2006)
Biography: Anupam Kher is one of India’s most prominent theatre and film personalities. He has performed over 100 plays and featured in nearly 500 Hindi Films, both commercial and non commercial. Kher was born in Shimla to a Kashmiri Pandit family. He later passed out from National School of Drama and years later served as the Chairperson of the same institution.
Anupam Kher started his career in Bollywood in 1982 with Aagman and later came into prominence with his stupendous performance in Saaransh in 1984. He was praised for his commercial roles as well. Playing villain Dr Dang in Karma (1986) got him noticed by all. He exhibited his exemplary acting skills in Daddy (1989) which won him critics’ galore. The early half of 1990s saw him winning Best Actor in comic role five times in a row which spoke largely of his meticulous sense of wit and humor.
He shifted to playing supporting roles in films like Darr, DDLJ, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Mohabbatein and Veer Zaara. Kher has always delivered noticeable performances for his brilliant sense of characters and roles. He fills a lot of life into the role he plays.
In 2005, Kher caught notice of the critics by his brilliant performance as a patient of dementia in Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara. The film went on to win accolades at many International Film Festivals.
Anupam Kher has already built a name in the International circuits by working in foreign ventures like Bend it Like Beckham (2002), Bride and Prejudice (2004), The Mistress of Spices (2006) and Lust,Caution (2007). He also appeared in the hit Television Series ER.
Kher has appeared on Indian television since the 1990s. He has hosted Say Something to Anupam Uncle, Sawal Dus Crore Ka and Lead India. He is the co-ownder of Karol Bagh Productions which he jointly owns with Satish Kaushik. Currently, Kher is working in the film Dirty Politics with another veteran actor Om Puri.
Anupam Kher has an nclination towards working for the cause of Kashmiri Pandits and also has a soft corner for children’s causes. He is the Goodwill Ambassador of Pratham Educational Foundation which works towards a general social change of all by focusing on the education of children. He wants the cause of displacement of Kashmiri Pandits to be heard all over the world and has been constantly working with issues of his community.
|Rs. 09.15 cr|
|Rs. 18.12 cr|
|Rs. 38.20 cr|
|Rs. 334.85 cr|
|Rs. 55.25 cr|